LOS ANGELES – Bird, a leader in environmentally friendly electric transportation, today unveiled the Bird Bike, a new e-bike that you can own. A limited quantity of Bird Bikes are available to order today, direct from Bird, and will be broadly available from leading U.S. retailers this fall.
Designed to meet increased demand for retail e-bikes globally, a market projected to reach $23 billion by 2023 (source: Deloitte) and that grew 157% year over year in sales in the U.S. in 2020 (source: QYResearch), the Bird Bike provides consumers with a new environmentally friendly and technologically advanced electric vehicle to reduce reliance on gas-powered vehicles. This entry into the consumer e-bike market follows Bird becoming one of the first in the industry to announce its intention to enter the public markets through a definitive agreement with Switchback II Corporation (NYSE: SWBK) and complements the company’s Q2 2021 earnings announcement which was also made today.
“The future of transportation is all-electric. By expanding Bird’s consumer and shared products to include e-bikes as well as e-scooters, we are uniquely positioned to lead the revolution to eco-friendly transportation for the billions of annual trips that are five miles or less,” said Travis VanderZanden, Founder and CEO at Bird. “With our new e-bike, we are creating increased opportunities for people to embrace micro electric vehicles beyond the 300 cities we partner with to provide our shared services today. Our e-bike is safe, durable and provides a stylish aesthetic and advanced technology that delivers a fun alternative to congestion inducing, gas-powered cars. The Bird Bike lets you enjoy the ride like never before.”
About the Bird Bike
As part of its mission to enable access to eco-friendly mobility options for all, Bird’s consumer e-bike is custom designed by Bird’s in-house team of award winning engineers and industrial designers who brought to market the Bird Three, the industry’s most eco-conscious shared e-scooter. Bird Bike’s features designed to bring fun, safety and reliability include:
- Thumb throttle, inspired by e-scooter throttles, helps tackle inclines with ease
- Integrated LCD panel displays speed, distance and battery capacity
- Bafang rear hub motor makes commuting an effortless breeze (500W)
- 36v / 12.8Ah battery, powered by LG cells, delivers up to 50 miles of electric range
- Gates Carbon Belt Drive simplifies maintenance and extends vehicle longevity
- Commercial-grade aluminum alloy frame provides increased durability for urban environments
- Kenda puncture-resistant tires minimize the likelihood of a flat
- Integrated, high-visibility LED Lights ensure 180° visibility any time of day or night
- Pedal assist speed of 20 mph for efficient trips
- Safety certified and IP65+ water resistant battery increases security and safety
- Fully adjustable seat height safely accommodates riders of different heights
- Radius CX7 mechanical disc braking assures stopping power
- Bluetooth connectivity with the Bird app helps Bird Bike owners easily turn on and off vehicle lights, view battery range and miles ridden
Pricing and Availability
Limited quantities of the Stealth Black and Gravity Gray Bird Bike are available now – from shop.bird.co/products/e-bikes-a-frame-stealth-black for MSRP $2,299. The step-through (V-Frame) Bird Bike, as well as the step over (A-Frame) Bird Bike, are expected to be broadly available this fall from leading retailers in the U.S. and in Europe later this year. For additional information about Bird’s new e-bike visit: bike.bird.co.